Monday 21 July 2014

Baby it's cold outside - traditional (dark) hot chocolate recipe

 a winter photo diary and dark hot chocolate recipe for you guys


 Main ingredients:
  1. Dark Chocolate - 1 square per  cup
  2. Coco Powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons per cup
  3. Vanilla Essence 1/4 teaspoon per cup
  4. Milk (add as many cups as you are wanting to have!)
  5. Maple syrup, honey, golden syrup or brown sugar to sweeten

Add all ingredients to a pot (or a cup if you're using the microwave) and begin heating.



Get your toppings ready. 
I used cinnamon, nutmeg, shaved chocolate and two marshmallows.
You have to be decadent when having a hot chocolate!


Get the fire going



 get you're cuddle buddy and we're ready.
 
 





Comfy pyjamas and a good book are also mandatory in my opinion!
I am currently ready 'The Witches of Eileanan' series by Kate Forsyth.


Alright. Well I hope you enjoyed coming along for my classic-relaxing-winter-night-routine!

I hope you have a lovely day!

Laura

xx

2 comments:

  1. Aw I really love this post! These pictures almost make me wish it was winter even though summer is my favourite season! When I think about my fav things during the wintertime, hot chocolate, cozy sweaters, a crackling fire, and snuggling with loved ones sound like the perfect activities. It seems like you have all of these things going on here with that amazing looking hot choc recipe (I must try it asap!) and that adorable dog in front of the fire!

    Thanks for sharing this extremely cute and cozy post :)

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Debbie! That is a very high compliment from you :)
      I am also a summer girl at heart so I have been very jealous of all of your summery outfit posts.
      Let me know if you try the recipe!

      Laura xx

      Delete