I have always been a light eater when it comes to breakfast and this smoothie tastes awesome! So without further ado; my favourite healthy breakfast smoothie!
Chocolate Nut Smoothie:
- 1 banana
- 1/4 large avocado
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 heaped teaspoon almond paste (you can use any nut paste/butter you like)
- 3-4 teaspoons coco powder
- 1-2 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of the milk of your choice (adjust this to how thick you like it!)
- OPTIONAL agave syrup or honey to sweeten
- Place banana, avocado, baby spinach, almond paste and coco powder and vanilla essence in bowl and blend until smooth (You could definitely use a blender if your are lucky enough to have one. Unfortunately all we have is a bar mix but I shouldn't complain because it does do the job)
- Add in the milk (and agave syrup/honey)
- Blend everything together
- Place in cute jar and drink with a cute straw (this is absolutely necessary)!
- If you like your drinks cold, you can freeze your bananas overnight before blending them!
- If you don't feel like a smoothie just don't add any milk! Your mixture will come out much more like a chocolate mousse. If you want to turn it into a "mousse" you could add more avocado and, when it's mixed, set it in the fridge for an hour or two and it turns out very nicely!
- I would only add agave or honey if the banana was seriously under ripe. Otherwise the natural sugars are usually enough!
- If you decide use a regular kraft peanut butter or some similar nut butter with added sugar you probably won't need to add any sweetener. I prefer the pure nut version as it makes me feel like a healthy person but I have also tried a normal peanut butter in there and I can't deny it is scrumptious!
P.S. Read here if you would like to find out where i sourced the jar, milk bottle and straws!